Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Police State?


I am still trying to process what happened this morning. On my way to take my granddaughter to school we noticed an excessive group of flashing police cars lighting up the highway.  I told my granddaughter that it must have been an accident in the intersection. She said "So many, it will probably be on the news". I doubted it because in this little town it would take something very bizarre to be newsworthy. On the way back, it became clear what it was which was indeed bizarre although will probably not hit the local news. It was a police parade at 7:45 AM on a Thursday morning on the most heavily trafficked artery in our town. It was led by several flashing vehicles followed by some running tee shirted men carrying a black and white version of the American flag with a large blue swatch across it and followed my more flashing police cars. Clearly the entire department was out for this strange show of force. And we are in a “blue” state, a red area yes, but a blue state. What is going on in red states? Also I wonder what color in a flag teachers should have?

2 comments:

  1. How interesting. I think that's a "Blue lives matter" flag. Was there any advance publicity for the little parade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this post and felt anxious. When the police department decides to show their solidarity that way, it tells me they cannot hear a thing. Completely deaf. Unfortunately, deaf and heavily armed.

    ReplyDelete